The STM32C0 series microcontroller is a low-power, high-performance microcontroller product launched by STMicroelectronics. They are designed for applications that require small size, low power consumption, and high integrability, such as sensors, consumer products, battery-operated devices, home automation, and security. This series of microcontrollers uses the ARM Cortex-M0 core and has rich peripherals.
The STM32C0 series MCU has simple peripherals and a mature ecosystem, making it very suitable for engineers to develop. Compared with similar products on the market, STM32C0 has more powerful performance, reliable quality and stability.
STM32C0 provides users with reliable chip performance:
- 32-bit Arm Cortex-M0+ core
- 2-3.6V power supply
- Maximize I/O ports
- A pair of power packs
- 1% internal clock
- All clock sources
- Low speed 32kHz
- High speed
- Direct memory access (DMA)
- 16-bit timer with motor control function
- Communication peripherals include 2 USART
- Real Time Clock
- 12-bit ultra-fast ADC
- Security function
- Excellent dynamic consumption 80μA/MHz
ST’s official price for the STM32C0 is no more than $1, making it the most cost-effective STM32 MCU. The reasons for the low price of STM32C0 include:
- fewer peripheral components to achieve smaller PCB size;
- equipped with only 1 pair of power supplies;
- high-precision embedded high-speed clock.
Low Power Consumption
STM32C0 has a simple low-power architecture, arranged from high to low power consumption, with operating modes such as running, sleep, stop, standby and shutdown. Take STM32C031x4/x6 as an example (in Typ 25°C):
- Operating mode: at least 37.5μA/MHz
- Sleep mode: at least 0.0745mA;
- Stop mode: at least 70.5µA;
- Standby mode: at least 6.75µA;
- Shutdown mode: at least 9.00nA;
Since the HSI startup time and default startup frequency is 12MHz, while STM32G0 is 16MHz, the wake-up time on STM32C0 is longer than that on STM32G0.
STM32C0 provides 9 micro packages, from the smallest SO8N to the largest LQFP48, from 8pin to 48pin, while the number of pins of ordinary MCUs rarely reaches less than 20pin.
- Micro package:
3x3mm 20pin-QFN, 28/32/48-pin UFQFPN
- Smallest size:
1.42 x 2.08mm WLCSP12
- Popular use:
SO8N, TSSOP20, LQFP32/48
Compatible with STM32G0 series
The STM32C0 series uses the same 90nm technology as STM32G0 to ensure high-quality performance standards and ensure that users can easily migrate to STM32G0. The pins consistent with STM32G0 leave room for future product upgrades.
- Based on Arm Cortex-M0+ core, clocked at 48MHz;
- Delivers 44DMIPS instruction throughput and 114CoreMark performance;
- Has the same pin layout as the STM32G0 series;
STM32C0 Block Diagram
STM32C0 Pinout Configuration
Both the STM32C011 and STM32C031 series have only one power supply pin (VDD/VSS), so the layout of the STM32C0 series microcontroller becomes simpler. In packages smaller than 48 pins, the HSE and LSE pins are multiplexed and we can select through the “HSE_NOT_REMAPPED” bit in the option byte.
- Smart home products: such as refrigerators, ovens, coffee machines, etc;
- Industrial equipment: such as industrial pumps, fan controls, circuit breakers, smoke detectors, fire detectors, alarm devices, etc;
- Consumer electronic equipment: such as computer peripherals, e-cigarettes, other accessories, etc.